The BioSyst.EU meeting will host 12 half day and 1 whole day symposia organised by member societies of BioSyst.EU and external organisations, and two 'open' half-day symposia for mixed talks.
In addition to this there will be poster-sessions and evening mingle at the Natural History museum of Gothenburg.
Each half-day symposia will feature one or several 30minute keynote-talk from invited speakers and a maximum of 8 talks selected by the symposium organisers.
Preliminary List of Symposiums as of November 2016
1. Next Generation Systematics. (International Organisation of Plant Biosystematists)
2. The future of scientific communication in biodiversity science. (Swiss Systematics Society)
3. The roles of natural history collections in exploring biodiversity. (CETAF)
4. Linking extant and extinct taxa - Integrative approaches to systematics. (NOBIS Austria)
5. DNA-barcoding and the future of biodiversity monitoring. (GfBS)
6. Identification and avoidance of sources of error in phylogeny inference. (GfBS)
7. The evolution and diversity of asexual organisms. (GfBS)
8. The role of morpholy in modern systematics. (UK Systematics Association)
9. Taxonomy and systematics research in Scandinavia.(ForBio)
10. New approaches to teaching and outreach in biodiversity science. (Svenska Systematikföreningen)
11. Automatic identification of organism. (Svenska Systematikföreningen)
12. Reconstructing Deep Metazoan Phylogeny. (Svenska Systematikföreningen)